News Update :

Virendra Sehwag Hit 219 against West Indies in 4th ODI-Makes world record

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Virendra Sehwag hits double century against West Indies in 4th ODI at Holkar Stadium in Indore. Viru broke the record of 200 runs made by Sachin Tendulkar. India finished at a total of 418/5 in 50 overs. Viru and Gautam Gambhir opened the innings after India won the toss and decided to bat first. They got 50 runs scored in 8.2 overs and after that WI team failed to stop blasting innings played by Virendra Sehwag.

Pic: Sehwag waves his bat after hitting double century

Virendra Sehwag played wonderfully and completed his double century. He made 219 runs in mere 149 runs with a strike rate of 146. His innings include 25 fours and 7 sixes. He got a catch dropped at an individual score of 164 by Sammy and after that he didn't made any mistake and created history.

Sehwag finally got caught by substitute fielder A Martin at the boundary lines when he was trying to hit over the fence for another sixer. Pollard go his wicket.

Sehwag after hitting 219 runs:-

Sehwag after hitting double tonne said that, "even me don't "Never dreamt of it. I told Gauti if we showed a little patience we could a big one. But I was never expecting a double century. It's a true time, you can play all your shots. When I decided I wanted to hit a six, I went and did it with a straight bat. I know people expected me to score a double-century, so thanks to them. And thanks to my family. I had said earlier that the top order was not contributing, and it was my job. Never changed my batting through this innings. I just told my self that I needed to bat through the Batting Powerplay, and I would get the double hundred. When Sammy dropped my chance, I knew God was with me. I am tired, yes, I am an old man now."
Share this Article on :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright 24xEntertainment 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.